The Panther Post

The Student News Site of A-Tech High School

The Panther Post

Breaking News
  • This is a breaking news headline.

The Panther Post

The Panther Post

The Edge NYC

The Edge NYC is a modern and vibrant destination that offers a unique blend of dining and entertainment experiences. Located in the heart of New York City, this iconic venue provides visitors with astounding views of the city skyline from its observation deck. With a variety of restaurants, bars, and performance spaces, The Edge NYC is a must-visit for residents and tourists alike.

The Edge at Hudson Yards Is Open (and Terrifying!) | StreetEasy
Source: streeteasy.com

The Edge is a once-in-a-lifetime experience offering an unparalleled view of the NYC skyline and the prime place to see the city come alive at night. The main attraction, the observation deck, has compelled people from all over the world to make their way over to experience the beauty of the sight for themselves. Visitors stand on a clear triangular platform that allows them to not just look over at the horizon but down beneath their feet as well. The building’s structure has been accomplished purely through modern engineering and architectural feats.

Hudson Yards NYC: Everything to Know About Visiting, Shopping, and Dining at the Megadevelopment | Architectural Digest
Source: architecturaldigest.com

The construction of the skyscraper began in late 2014 to deliver a polished finish for the public to enjoy after its opening in March 2020. The building was part of a successful effort to spice up the newer Hudson Yards neighborhood on the west side of Manhattan with beautiful attractions. Prior to the area’s revitalization, it was considered to be a very dead neighborhood with its last construction project opening in 1986 until it all changed in 2012 with the rapid development of the area into an updated metropolitan establishment.

Times Square is the main square of New York: history, photos and video
Source: planetofhotels.com

The Edge is surrounded by some of the best and most recognizable landmarks NYC has to offer which include, the Empire State Building, Times Square, The High Line, and the Javits Convention Center. These are some of the household names in NYC culture that leave a lasting impression on visitors. The Edge offers a perfect 360-degree view of all of these sights, extending as far as Central Park, making for some memorable photos to walk away with.

The building is located at 30 Hudson Yards and is open to each and every visitor, having accessible platforms for wheelchairs and a high-speed elevator to the top. The general admission ticket is $36 for the view alone but can be expanded to include the bar and access to a viewing of the famous Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh at The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) among other breathtaking historic works of art. The Edge is open from 10 AM to 9 PM 7 days a week and The Museum from 10:30 AM to 5:30 PM with an extended visit up to 7 PM on Saturdays.